This little birdie brought the party with him. Add die cut balloons to your April 2019 Critter Cubbies Kit for a festive birthday card.
This card comes together quickly as it consists of a few die cuts and minimal coloring. Putting the thread around the balloon took the longest, but I have some tips below.
Die Cut Elements
- Green cardstock from your stash cut to 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- White cardstock cut with Deckled Edge Die
- Die cut the deckle edge panel with the branch die from the kit
- 3 specialty papers from the kit cut with a small balloon die from your stash
- Adhere the balloons together in your desired arrangement
- Stamp, color, and die cut a bird of your choice from the kit
Create Balloon Strings
- Using thread from your stash, cut 4 pieces 5-6 inches long
- Tape the ends of 3 strings to the back of the panel and thread them through to the front.
- Align the threads in the desired location using the bunch of balloons as a guide
- Tape to the front making sure the balloons will cover the tape
- It’s easier to tape one strand at a time to the front
- Tape the end of the 4th string to the back of the balloons and wrap the string around the balloon end several times
- Tape the other end to the back and trim the tails
- Cut a piece of fun foam smaller than the Deckle Edge panel
- Trim the fun foam so that the branch is unobscured
- Add foam squares to the area around the branch
- Adhere white panel to green panel/base
All that’s left is to pop up your little birdie and balloons, stamp the birthday sentiment from the kit, and add desired embellishments. I hope you enjoyed this clean and simple birthday card and feel inspired to create with your April 2019 Kit. I’ll see you next week with inspiration for the May 2019 Kit.
Thanks so much for stopping by!