We have some Day of the Dead crafting art tips for you!
Today we busted out our Metallic Water Colors by Hero Arts! The very first step we took was heat embossing a skull face on our tag. Placing the Metallic Colors onto our embossed skull makes for a great Day of the Dead theme!
The best part of this Day of the Dead paper craft project is the Hero Arts ink. The metallic water colors give off a glitz and sparkle, which I am all about!
Shake your inks well and start with small drops of ink on a working surface. I use the Tim Holtz glass mat.
I then use an aqua pen brush to add water to my inks. Using water helps me control the ink and change the tones from light to dark. More water makes the colors lighter with different options in applying.
Apply water to the ink, or draw on your tag with water only and add ink afterwards. You’ll see that the water linings keep the inks inside with only a little ink bleeding to worry about. I use this method when coloring the eyes in my Day of the Dead skull design.
Watch our Day of the Dead tips here. ↓
A quick recap for anyone new to INKTOBERFEST!
Like last year, we share a new ink, tip and technique every day. That’s 31 days with 31 different inks. With each day and each ink, we teach you new tip and technique with every Inktoberfest ink.
Some inks you may know, but you’ll learn a new way of using those familiar inks.
We have a bigger reason to join Inktoberfest 2019… Receive a crazy amount of prizes, coupons and discounts on crafting supplies!
Inktoberfest Day 10 giveaway has a few different entry options.
- One way to enter is through our Facebook page – like the post, tag a friend in the post, and like our page.
- A second way to enter is through our Instagram page – like the post, tag a friend and follow our account.
If you missed Day 9 of Inktoberfest, check out our video below.
Learn an easy way to create textured backgrounds and designs with Tonic Sparkle Spray.
We also will have a few feature inks every week for Inktoberfest 2019.
- Wednesdays will feature Tonic Inks
- Every Thursday will feature Arteza Inks
- Each Friday will feature Ranger Inks
I’ll be filming from Ranger Ink Headquarters on October 12th and the 13th! I’ll be covering new tips and techniques for Alcohol Inks these dates.
Written by Sean Reed
• We share tons of discount codes at the bottom of this page! •
Alexandra & The Prickle
Supply List & Promotion
Below is a link to everything I showed you and used in the video as promised.
(Affiliate links may be used at no cost to you)
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER FULL OF EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS THE HEDGEHOG HOLLOW
Become a member & get:
- 10% off at Elizabeth Craft Designs
- $5 any order over $25 or 5 Euros off a 25 Euro order
- 10% off at the Hedgehog Hollow Store
- 10% off at Ellen Hutson all month long
- 12% off your total Tonic Studios
- 15% off the Craft Perfect Paper Category
- FREE SHIPPING at Sunny Studios on orders over $25
- International customers get a $4 SHIPPING CREDIT on orders over $25
- 15% off at the Ranger Ink store
- Therm O Web are offering 10% off all purchases
- Pink & Main are giving you FREE SHIPPING on orders over $20
PLUS more being added
Also get early access to our video, get exclusive member badges & emojis, as well as exclusive member videos, behind the scenes access and more for only $4.99 a month! All our current content will remain free these are just extra benefits!
If you are a channel member on iPad we know member posts are hard to see, join our facebook group to see them all and chat with other members at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/381093052729306/.
Shop The Hedgehog Hollow Kit at: www.thehedgehoghollow.com/shop.
This months exclusive coupons so far are:
10% off at Elizabeth Craft Designs with link http://bit.ly/2O3ogQu , NO CODE NEEDED.
10% off at Arteza until September 15th with link: http://shrsl.com/1oshq and CODE: HedgehogHollow3.
Ellen Hutson, use link http://www.ellenhutson.com/#_a_164 and CODE: HHOctober19 to save 10% off; exclude BCHF & Mama Elephant releases in last 30 days.
Inktoberfest means 31 inks in 31 days!
Join the challenge at https://www.thecraftchallenge.com.
Grab our new essentials in papercrafting course now at: https://offers.internationalopenacademy.com/hedgehoghollow/course/creative-card-making.