Hello, it’s Kari here today with some ideas on how to elevate your Layered Honeycomb cards! I hope you are loving the August 2020 Kit…it’s filled with honey and bees and sweetness. Today I’m using the layered honeycomb stamp from the kit to show you FIVE ways to elevate your cards.
I made a quick video to share all the tips and the techniques for you, watch it below or in HD on YouTube:
I had a great time making a bunch of cards using the honeycomb layering stamps. I shared my ideas in the video, but I will also include a short write-up here (be sure to get all the details in the video, though!)
Tips to Elevate Your Cards
- Stamp your honeycomb in unexpected colors. Use the layering stamp to add a completely different color! This creates a fun look and the layering options are almost endless!
- Try embossing powder on the second layer for a different look:
3. Try Offset stamping on the second layer – by this I mean, stamp a little off the stamped first layer. Above, I used yellow ink, then for the second layer I stamped it a little to the right in Stardust ink, which is a darker yellow with more green tones to it.
4. Add sentiments or sentiment strips – for the flat, stamped panels it’s easy to add a stamped sentiment directly to your card. But for the panels with the embossed second layer, add a sentiment strip with foam tape. It gives even more dimension to that embossed card.
5. Add sparkle to make the bees shine. I share more of this in the video, you can add any kind of sparkle you like, but my favorite is Stardust Stickles!! I show you the differences between Stardust Stickles, Diamond Stickles, Sprinkled Sugar Stickles, and Unicorn Stickles! You may prefer one over the others… Can you see the glittery wings on the bees below?
There are SOOOOOOOO many great sentiments in this August Kit to choose from! I was able to choose six different sentiments to use for these cards and there are STILL more to stamp. I love a great sentiment!
Well, I hope you enjoy this layering honeycomb stamp set as much as I do! It’s so fun to change it up, but also make a bunch of cards all at once.
Lastly, if you haven’t checked out the August kit yet, run on over to get your own before they are sold out!
Thanks for stopping by today,
Disclosure: The links below are affiliate links. If you decide to use these links to shop, you are supporting today’s post writer – thank you! They may receive a small portion of the sale, at no extra cost to you. These products are endorsed by the author, and we hope you will love them too!https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?id=f5e8378456858c916708