Hello again, it’s Kari here today with a BUNCH of cards to share! I couldn’t let the July box out of sight before I made a whole bunch of cards with one of the smallest AND cutest stamps in the kit: the unassuming and adorable avocado. This little guy is so happy and smiling and today I will show you FIVE ideas to make cards with him.
I have created a video showing you how easy these are to put together! Watch it below or in HD on YouTube to see these cards come together!
Here’s a quick run-down of my five ways, I hope you will find one way to try at home:
- The first card idea: stamp a bunch of avocados to create your own “paper.” Here I stamped the avocado using Versamark Onyx Black pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder on Bristol Smooth paper. Then I used Zig Clean Color Real brush markers to watercolor the background and the images. Splatter on a bit of paint if your background isn’t as smooth as you would like! 😉
2. The second card is very similar, but I used a stencil over the background to get an interesting look. Those circles are from the circle stencil that came in a previous Hedgehog Hollow Kit! For this one I watercolored with my Altenew watercolor set and got some beautiful colors!
3. Try No-Line coloring and add a die-cut PUNNY SENTIMENT! For this one I stamped the avocado in a light ink and used Copics to color him up. I show you just how to color him with Copics in the video. I die cut the “Avo Nice Day” with the brand new cardstock that just released! I love the colors in this set! (I will link it below if you want to check it out!) I ink blended the background using Distress Oxides in 3 colors, then used a chevron cover die over that for the base. Then I used foam squares to pop up the avocados; and liquid adhesive to attach the letters.
4. Use strips of paper as a background for a fabulous fiesta! Here I paired that cutie avocado with the taco from the set to create this fun card. If you have leftover paper strips to cut off, save them to use for confetti on the front of your card!
5. Use a grid and a lot of images to create a cute “tray” of produce! I created my own sentiment using one of my new favorite alpha stamp sets and some transparent ink. It has such a fun vibe, don’t you think?! Be sure to watch the video to get all the details for these cards.
I hope you enjoyed this post today! Which one is your favorite…and which one will you try first?! If you do, please tag us on social media so we can see your creations!
Disclosure: The links below are affiliate links. If you decide to use these links to shop, you are supporting today’s post writer – thank you! They may receive a small portion of the sale, at no extra cost to you. These products are endorsed by the author, and we hope you will love them too!https://linkdeli.com/widget.js?id=f5e8378456858c916708