How are you enjoying Inktoberfest so far?? I know I have been learning a lot from the daily posts! My name is Laurel Beard and I am thrilled to be here with you! Today is all about the Tombow Dual Tipped markers! I had heard of these markers but never tried them out so I was happy to test them out straight out of the box. And I filmed the process as well to share with all of you!!!! You’ll see what worked and what didn’t! You can watch the video here on the blog, or if you prefer, you can watch in HD on my youtube channel by clicking HERE.
Allow me to provide a quick recap of what I mentioned in the video during the demo process!
- The markers have two Tips
- Flexible Brush tip
- achieve fine, medium or bold brush stroke by changing pressure
- Fine point with hard nylon tip
- sketching, calligraphy, lines, borders, detail accents
- Flexible Brush tip
- Odorless, non toxic, acid free
- Color coded caps – true color match
- Anti roll barrel – no more slipping and sliding markers on your work surface
- Doesn’t bleed thru paper
- Doesn’t smear
- 96 colors (95 colors, 1 blender)
- Come in sets of 10 (each set contains blender)
- Full set of 96
What can the markers do?
- Use dry
- easy coloring
- doesn’t smear (ideal for journaling/planners)
- doesn’t bleed thru (ideal for journaling/planners)
- Blends FANTASTIC with included blender pen
- Use with water
- color washes
- coloring mixing
- water reactive (think water flicking)
- Use direct to stamp
- use side of brush tip to scribble on to stamp, spritz lightly with water and stamp
What I didn’t have success with:
- Blending colors without water or the blender pen (but that is why they provide a blender pen, lol)
Overall, my impression of these markers is……. DRUMROLL….. They are awesome! I will definitely use them for cardmaking and watercoloring, but also for bullet journaling (since they don’t bleed thru or smear). I also will use them to write on the inside of my cards with. These markers are very versatile!
In celebration for today’s Inktoberfest post, Tonic is providing YOU with a coupon for Gilding Flakes! Use code FLAKE20 for 20% off all Gilding Flakes in stock! Can not be combined with any other offer and good for 24 hours only. Gilding Flakes give any project that extra sparkle!
Here is a complete supply list for you, affiliate links may be used at no cost to you!